Using Crop Insurance to Manage Risk
Crop insurance covers losses from disasters such as drought, hail, frost, hurricanes, excessive moisture, fire, insects and plant disease and wildlife damage. A new generation of crop insurance provides whole farm revenue protection as well. The sites listed below provide information on the features and benefits of crop insurance.
Crop Insurance Fact Sheets
- 2017 Apples
- 2017 Peaches
- NRCS Cover Crop Termination Guidelines
- CT Crop Risk Management Guide for 2016
- 2016 Crop Insurance & NAP for Tree Fruit
- 2016 Organic Farming
- 2015 Whole Farm Revenue Protection
- 2016 CT Nursery
- 2016 CT Sweet Corn
- 2016 CT Tobacco
- 2016 CT Peaches
- 2016 CT Perrenial
- 2016 CT Potatoes
- 2016 CT Apples
- 2016 CT Nursery News Release
- 2015 Nursery
- 2015 Dairy
- 2015 Cover Crops
- 2015 Peaches
- 2015 Pasture, Rangeland, Forage Fact Sheet
- 2014 Corn
- 2014 Sweet Corn
- 2013 Cover Crop
- 2011 Dairy
- Spring 2014 Deadlines for 2015 Nursery Crop Insurance
- 2013 REVISED Organic Farming
- 2014 Potatoes
- 2014 Tobacco
- 2014 Crop Insurance Example: Fruit, Vegetables, and Apples
- 2014 Crop Insurance Example: Vegetables and Sweet Corn
- 2014 Crop Insurance Example: Fruit and Vegetables
- 2014 Crop Insurance Example: Christmas Trees
Crop Insurance Fact Sheets (SPANISH VERSIONS)
- 2013 MPCI Apples [SPANISH]
- 2013 MPCI Sweet Corn [SPANISH]
- 2013 Crop Insurance Example: Fruit and Vegetables [SPANISH]
Disaster Fact Sheets
- Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) for 2011 and Subsequent Years
- Farm Service Agency Disaster Fact Sheets
- Emergency Disaster Programs Administered by the Farm Service Agency
- Emergency Programs Administered by the Farm Service Agency
Information on Connecticut crop insurance
- Connecticut Crop Insurance Profile (2011)
- 2012 Connecticut Crop Insurance Facts
- Requesting Insurance
- Crop Insurance Checklist
- Crop Insurance Checklist [SPANISH]
Crop Insurance Agent Locator
- Crop Insurance Agent Locator - Provides a list of crop insurance agents in Connecticut.
These sites provide general information on crop insurance. Each site opens the door to an array of related topics.
- Risk Management Agency - Provides an excellent overview of Risk Management Agency updates and information.
- Proven Yields and Insurance Unit for Crop Insurance - Actual production history and Insurance Units for Multiple Peril Crop Insurance.
- InsuranceSim Spreadsheet Program
- Selecting Crop Insurance for Your Farm - Accompanies the InsuranceSim spreadsheet program.
- Actual Production History Insurance - Explains what actual production history is and how to calculate it.